To conclude, I have learnt how to carry out suction filtration in the right way using a vacuum pump, filtering flask and a Buchner funnel and also to be cautious at all times when handling chemicals as the chemicals used in this experiment is highly toxic, corrosive and not to mention very harmful such as the sulphuric acid and acetic anhydride used to synthesize aspirin crystals. The major experimental findings were not to be expected as the range was around forty to sixty percent yield but what we got was around thirty four percent but was later clarified by that too much solvent was used to dissolve the salicylic acid and accuracy and attentiveness is very important in this experiment to obtain aspirin that is pure. However, there will be some environmental effects that will still affect the experiment to a small extent.
Finally the objective of the experiment is met and the results were acceptable as it is quite accurate.